Relationship Practice: Being in Connection
This guided meditation allows you to experience yourself and/or your partner in a deeper way than you may have been able to before. The meditation guides you in opening to the non-verbal experience of your partner’s love, appreciation, and gratitude. It allows you to see them for who they really are and receive them with greater understanding and respect.
If you are practicing solo, this practice allows you to receive and integrate your Anima or Animus. That is – your inner self of opposite gender. You simply imagine that part of you sitting across from you and acting as ‘partner number 2’. I’ve done this myself and it had quite a profound effect on me and on my ability to self-love.
All these instructions are given in the meditation but reading this ahead of time will allow you to prepare yourself better.
- You and your partner will sit across from each other without touching (a few inches apart). If you are practicing alone then sit in front of a wall or mirror but really anywhere is fine. You can be seated on the floor or chair.
- You will choose who is ‘partner 1’ and who is ‘partner 2’. If practicing alone, I recommend your first practice be as ‘partner 1’.
- After an intro guided relaxation, the first partner will place their hand on their heart and slowly start to move their hand out with the palm facing he/her self. Once partner 1 reaches arm’s length they will turn their palm towards their partner and an interaction will be facilitated (I don’t want to spoil all the surprises). Partner 1 then returns their hand to their own heart center.
- The partners then trade places with partner number 2 stretching their hand out.
- After this, there is another non-verbal and non-physical interaction facilitated, allowing the partners to truly experience each other without preconceptions.
This practice is very profound and I hope you give yourself over to it fully!